Family Echo: Autism-Strategies to Promote Well-Being and Ensure Quality Care
December 8, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm| Free
Join a community of families learning to better support their autistic children
From navigating a diagnosis to learning about new therapies, parents and caregivers of children with autism need an immense amount of knowledge and support in order to provide the best care to their loved ones. But often, that information can be difficult to access.
Family ECHO: Autism is here to help with a virtual learning program that brings clinical professionals and subject matter experts right to your screen. In this series you will learn, engage, and build skills around four major topics:
• Understanding and managing challenging behaviors
• Building support for your family
• Anxiety and autism
• ADHD and autism
In each session, presenters will share a case study and best practices that will deepen your understanding of autism and help you better advocate for your autistic child.
So far, the results have been impactful: 91% of past participants surveyed say the program has improved their knowledge and ability to care for children with developmental disabilities, including autism.
This December, Family ECHO: Autism will host a virtual learning session focusing on:
• Strategies to build supportive teams and collaborate with providers
• Importance of self-care for parents and all family members
• National resources and how to access local resources
• Self-advocate leadership skills and resources