SIL’s Leadership Academy (Services for Independent Living)
April 4, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Services for Independent Living (SIL)
invites you to apply to
SIL’s Leadership Academy
This is an eight-week course focusing on skills needed to actively participate on a community non-profit board, sit on a committee, or serve on a coalition in a meaningful way.
Three sessions will be held in 2018:
• First Session: April 4, 2018 – May 23, 2018 (Wednesday mornings)
• Second Session: June 5 – June 28, 2018 (“Immersion Session” – 4 weeks)
• Third Session: October 18, 2018 – December 13, 2018 (Thursdays)
During the training sessions, participants will develop a basic working knowledge and understanding about topics related to serving on a board, coalition or committee. Topics include the following:
• Community Leadership
• Disability History & Advocacy
• Communications & Confidentiality & Board Ethics
• Functions of a Nonprofit Board
• Government Committees, Councils, Nonprofit Committees, and Task Forces
• Networking and Developing Community Contacts
The training sessions will be followed by hands-on internship experiences in the community.
Services for Independent Living, Inc.
26250 Euclid Avenue, Suite 801
Euclid, OH 44132
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Any person with a disability who wants to learn how to make a difference and how to gain confidence and leadership experience in community decision-making on issues important to him or her. Please note: Space is limited so apply early!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please contact Laura Gold for an application by phone at 216-815-0015 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for the first session are due on March 20th. If you need help filling out the application, please let Laura know.
This project is funded by the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council under the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act.